- Green Growth
- Your Consultant
|A bag production line for exports of CY Vina Company at the Long Đức Industrial Park in the southern province of Trà Vinh. - VNA/VNS Photo Vũ Sinh|
By the end of July, there were 328 IPs nationwide with, 223 IPs operational. The rest are under construction or awaiting land clearance.
The department said there were five newly-established IPs so far this year spanning an area of 1,882ha. In addition, the country revoked the investment licence of one IP and removed another from the IP master planning.
The country has 16 coastal economic zones (EZs) established so far on about 815,000ha on land and water. In addition, two more coastal EZs including Thái Bình and Ninh Cơ are to be established in the northern provinces of Nam Định and Thái Bình.
Last month, total registered and adjusted capital of 553 foreign investment projects at the IPs and EZs was reported at US$8.6 billion, while the domestic figure was VNĐ123 trillion in 450 projects.
The IPs and EZs have attracted 7,757 foreign direct investment projects with total capital of $163.9 billion so far while that of domestic ones was 8,052 with VNĐ1.83 trillion ($80.5 million).
By the end of July, 87 per cent of 223 operating IPs had their own concentrated waste water disposal plants, meeting the National Assembly target. The remaining 13 per cent of IPs have ensured waste water treatment via a third party before discharging it.
The department’s director Trần Duy Đông said they would improve the quality of IPs. Specifically, they plant to build and implement IP development planning linked to socio-economic growth, land use, industrial sector planning, urban area planning and more.
In addition, they will develop the number and scale of IPs suitable with the development of each locality.
The department also plans regularly review and adjust IPs’ planning to avoid land waste.