- Green Growth
- Your Consultant
|Samsung relapse its faulty batteries in Samsung Galaxy Note 9?|
According to newswire NewYork Post, a Long Island woman Diane Chung took Samsung to the court after her Samsung Galaxy Note 9 spontaneously combusted inside a Long Island woman’s purse. The first target of the lawsuit is to clarify her damage in this incident.
Diane Chung said in her lawsuit she was using the new handset on September 3 when it suddenly became "extremely hot," and then she stopped using the phone and placed it in her purse but soon heard "a whistling and screeching sound, and she noticed thick smoke" pouring from her purse.
Chung had to remove the phone by emptying her purse onto an elevator floor, but the fire didn't stop until a passerby picked up the handset with a cloth and placed it into a bucket of water.
The regret incident happened in the context Samsung CEO Koh Dong-jin affirmed that the battery in the Galaxy Note 9 is safer than ever. Users do not have to worry about the batteries anymore.
Another Samsung exec, Kate Beaumont, director of product planning, said the company now had a multi-step “battery safety check” in place and the Note 9s would “absolutely not” catch fire.
Responding the above information, a Samsung spokesman told NewYork Post that “We have not received any reports of similar incidents involving a Galaxy Note 9 device and we are investigating the matter.”
It is not the first time that Samsung’s Note brand has incident in term of faulty batteries.
Samsung CEO Koh Dong-jin affirmed that the battery in the Galaxy Note 9 is safer than ever. Users do not have to worry about the batteries anymore.Samsung CEO Koh Dong-jin affirmed that the battery in the Galaxy Note 9 is safer than ever. Users do not have to worry about the batteries anymore.
|"The battery in the Galaxy Note 9 is safer than ever. Users do not have to worry about the batteries anymore," said Samsung CEO Koh Dong-jin.|
Notably, on September 2, 2016, the company suspended sales of the oversized products and recalled 2.5 million Note 7 devices that had been shipped worldwide after faulty batteries caused the phones to explode while charging.
Note 7 products were launched in Vietnam on August 19, 2016. According to domestic distributors’ statistics, over 10,000 Note 7 smart phones have been shipped to customers.
The recall piled increasing pressure on the company, as the Federal Aviation Administration officially banned passengers from turning on Note 7 devices on flights, while according to the regulation, passengers are recommended to put their mobile phones airplane mode on flights only.
Besides, Samsung had to suffer a serious damage for recalling 2.5 million Note 7 devices on worldwide. Although the company would not reveal an exact figure, the cost likely stands at around $1 billion, based on Bloomberg’s estimates-a huge sum, especially, when only around 35 of the handsets (less than 0.1 per cent of the total volume sold) had been found faulty.