- Green Growth
- Your Consultant
The purpose of the two-day HMA 2016 is to share understandings, skills and give practical advices to hospital managers in Asia, thus the sessions focused on offering hospital and healthcare managers the opportunity to learn specific tools and techniques to optimise hospital management, presenting skills-related workshops, run by experienced professors and industry experts to solve practical issues, providing a forum to update and review best management practices in hospitals and showcasing the latest products, services and professional solutions that can increase the productivity and improve the quality of health-care services.
As a trusted advisor and the world’s leading IT partner, within the framework of the conference, Microsoft introduced Microsoft Health Innovation Lab, an Asia Pacific transformation initiative.
“Microsoft believes in accelerating digital transformation by providing complete, end-to-end services for developers, start-ups and researchers looking to co-innovate and co-sell their solutions, all within the category of health. This starts from conceptualization to creation, and even to the commercialisation of the product in Vietnam. This is a one of a kind innovation hub that focuses on leveraging Microsoft Azure Cloud Services, including Internet of Things (IoT), Advanced Analytics and Cognitive Services. In addition, there will be ongoing hackathons, boot camps, as well as innovation events which individuals and organisations can leverage,” said Nguyen Tuan Anh of Microsoft Vietnam. “The application of technology inventions will help address current challenges of health industry. Microsoft, with global health solution development professionalism and complete infrastructure platform, especially the practices in Asia, will help hospitals and health facilities in Vietnam with new means to optimise the manpower and resources, which will bring out the best services.”
Founded by CLAS Expara Vietnam Accelerator (CEVA) in partnership with Microsoft, Microsoft Health Innovation Lab brings together an ecosystem of industry partners such as local and global digital health companies, biomedical multinationals, academia, as well as venture capitalists which help in connecting and digital transformation of hospitals and health facilities in an optimum way, including:
- Provide best patient care services while controlling cost increase challenges such as limited budget, new payment models, personnel expansion or security threats control.
- Maximise efficiency based on both experience and ability of health professionals along with current IT platform.
- Microsoft’s cloud computing platform meets the highest standards of security, privacy to help protect patients’ health information.
- With the use of IoT devices to take health measurements, caregivers can monitor patients beyond hospitals and clinics, help health facilities expand the access permission for patients who need healthcare whether they are in cities, remote areas or at home with lower overall costs. This not only broadens and improves the cooperation between health professionals, doctors, nurses and patients, but also expands the access to secure information, action information for authorised health experts, allowing them to make announcement and lucid decision faster.
- Cloud-based analysis of the data can identify when measurements surpass acceptable thresholds so caregivers can contact patients to take corrective action before problems become serious enough to require hospitalisation.
|Callum Bir - Director of the Healthcare Industry Sector at Microsoft Asia-Pacific|
"When connecting individuals, hospitals infrastructure and other systems that creates an ecosystem of patient care, the hospital will increase high quality health and affordable access to more Vietnamese. These solutions will transform and raise the overall quality of care in the country, which means expanding access to healthcare, while being able to reduce unnecessary hospital and clinical visits,” Callum Bir, director of the Healthcare Industry Sector at Microsoft Asia–Pacific stressed. “Microsoft is endeavouring to every individual, every health care organisation to achieve more by enabling digital transformation. Our unique approach towards co-innovation in Vietnam together with our partners will positively impact every individual and organisation but also create value to the society and overall economy."