- Green Growth
- Your Consultant
|A worker operates machinery at Saigon High-Tech Park. The park aims to attract total registered capital of about $150 million in 2013.|
The park also seeks export revenue of at least $2.7 billion this year.
In addition, SHTP will continue its efforts to attract more exports and develop high-tech human resources training.
To reach this year’s target, the park’s management board petitioned the HCM City People’s Committee for capital to use in improving research and building infrastructure for functional spaces.
The board is also seeking the City’s approval for land lease prices.
SHTP proposes the Government provide the same investment for the park’s second phase as it did for the first. HCM City is currently in charge of 70 per cent of the total investment, while the remaining 30 per cent comes from the State budget.
Earlier this year, the city’s People’s Committee signed off on SHTP’s VND8.175 trillion ($392.64 million) second phase, which covers 587ha in District 9, bringing the park’s total area to 913ha.
SHTP’s management board expects foreign and domestic investment capital flow in the 2013-18 period to hit $3 billion.