- Green Growth
- Your Consultant
|The fire broke out at the 1806 apartment of the CT3 building of Fodacon Bac Ha urban area. Source: vneconomy.vn|
At 4.50 PM on May 25, residents in the Fodacon Bac Ha building detected black smoke coming emitting from an apartment on the 18th floor of the 23-story CT3 building.
In a few moments, hundreds of residents were forced to evacuate their apartments. They gathered and stood outside the building to watch the fire and firefighting progress.
|A person was hospitalised with a broken head. Source: vnexpress.net|
15 fire engines were dispatched to the scene. Windows cracked under the heat of the fire and fell on a person who had to be taken to hospital.
|A sick old woman being carried to the first floor|
Dao Trong Tuong and his wife, who live on the 22nd floor, said: “We saw smoke flowing under the door and heard people shouting and running outside. We are too old to run to the first floor so we stayed in the room, used tape to seal the door and wet towels to fill the vents, then stood at the balcony. We waited for more than an hour until the fire fighters could help us down.”
The fire was extinguished at 7 PM, and did not have any casualties.
|The fire took place during the afternoon rush hour, causing serious congestion|
The CT3 building is part of the Fodacon Bac Ha urban area, with a Co.op Mart supermarket on the ground floor and apartments on the upper floors. It is located on Tran Phu street, Hadong district, the gateway of western Hanoi, with numerous universities nearby. The fire occurred during the afternoon rush hour, causing serious congestion.
The inside of the burnt out apartment:
|All furniture in Apartment 1806 is black after the fire|